Formed in September 2002, originally as St. Sophia Orthodox Church, the congregation was transferred into the Midwest Diocese of the Orthodox Church in America to the omophorion of the late Archbishop Job of Chicago in 2009. The parish was given the name and patron Saint Nicholas of Myra soon after.
The St. Nicholas of Myra parish congregation consists of approximately 25-50 friends and family and is currently located in the Ecumenical Campus Ministries building on the campus of KU, 1204 Oread Ave.
Fr. Joshua Lollar served his first liturgy as our priest-in-charge on June 26, 2011.
Glory to God for all things. Pray for us.